BSA Mid-America Wheels
The King Mid America Derby Pinewood Derby Wheels are created from official BSA wheels and are precision machined for ultimate performance.
- The Tread surface is precision machined for a perfect round wheel
- The inner edge of the wheel is narrowed to 7.5mm (+/-)
- The tread bumps are REMOVED
- The double step is removed from the outer hub and is trued and coned
- The wheel weighs in at as little as 1.3 to 1.4 grams!
- Each wheel is hand spun to ensure the highest quality
- Wheel bore is lightly polished
- Weight is removed from the inside of the wheel
- All official lettering remains on the inside and outside of the wheel
- The fastest Mid America wheel on the planet
The wheels can be raced without any additional preparation but for intense performance gains please follow these steps. It is recommended to use our wheel preparation kit to maximize results.
- The wheel bore should be polished and prepped to a smooth and slippery surface. It is important to prepare the wheel for your lubrication of choice. For example do not use graphite to polish if you are going to use oil as your lubrication.
- The outer and inner hub along with the inside edge of the wheel should be polished to a smooth and slippery finish.