BSA Northern Star Council Wheels
These Pinewood Derby Wheels are created from official BSA wheels and are precision machined for ultimate performance.
- The Tread surface is precision machined for a perfect round wheel
- The inner edge of the wheel is narrowed to 7.5mm (+/-) .002
- Wheel height is 1.16
- The double step is removed from the outer hub and is trued and coned
- The wheel only weighs 2.3 to 2.4 grams
- Each wheel is hand spun to ensure the highest quality
- Wheel bore is lightly polished
- The wheel retains a near stock appearance and will pass nearly all race inspections
- No weight is removed from inside the wheel
- All official lettering remains on the inside and outside of the wheel
The wheels can be raced without any additional preparation but for intense performance gains please follow these steps. It is recommended to use our wheel preparation kit to maximize results.
- The wheel bore should be polished and prepped to a smooth and slippery surface. It is important to prepare the wheel for your lubrication of choice. For example do not use graphite to polish if you are going to use oil as your lubrication.
- The outer and inner hub along with the inside edge of the wheel should be polished to a smooth and slippery finish.
Out of stock